Friday, October 2, 2009

Photoshop v.7 Problem with digital pen and clone tool?

Friends,



I am an old retired university professor, whose passion is historical images. I just purchased a very basic 8 X 6 drawing tablet, made by Digipro. I did not want to appropriate the money for a more expensive product, as the majority of my work consists of cleaning these old images. Therefore my main event is using the "clone tool" in Photoshop 7.



Guess what? I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but the basic concept of using the ALT key as with the mouse movement, is not working with the pen movement. I would appreciate any assistance in identifying this problem or should I purchase Photoshop CS-2 to get get maximum success. The box does offer a (trial) Photoshop CS-2 unit. My operating systems is Windows Professional.



Does anybody have an answer to my problem?



Thank you,



Photoshop v.7 Problem with digital pen and clone tool?ducati



Well, first, we are up to CS3. If you are planning to upgrade, its worth it to go with the latest.



I am not familiar with your Digipro pen, as most industry pros use Wacom, which works WONDERFULLY with Photoshop. If it isn't too late, I'd consider returning your Digipro, and look into an affordable WACOM. ANY of them would be good. I personally use the Intuos, however the Graphire, or Bamboo may suit you nicely too.



I can't really help too much on your pen issue. You may need to customize and create settings specifically for PS possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment