Monday, October 5, 2009

Uninstalling Adobe Photoshop CS3 on Macintosh OS X?

On Macintosh OS X, I was reading the instructions for installing Adobe PhotoShop CS3.



I had to remove my trial software first, which wasn't expired yet.



Here were Adobe's instructions.



Before you uninstall, close all applications currently running on your system鈥攊ncluding other Adobe applications, Microsoft Office applications, and browser windows.



IMPORTANT: Mac OS has new uninstall functionality. DO NOT drag applications to the trash to uninstall them. To safely uninstall on Mac OS X, double-click the product installer in Applications\Utilities\Adobe Installers. Authenticate as an administrator, then select Remove Components and follow the on-screen instructions.



Note: Before uninstalling you will need to deactivate Photoshop CS3 by choosing Help %26gt; Deactivate and following the on screen instructions. I didn't see this until later.



Now, whenever I try to install, it tells me I cannot install Adobe Photoshop CS3 because it conflicts with Adobe PhotoShop CS3.



How do I fix this??



Uninstalling Adobe Photoshop CS3 on Macintosh OS X?computer security



Okay.



Considering you're running on a Mac, I don't know how much help I can be, BUT-



I know that when I had a free trial on Windows and I actually got the full version, it said the same thing (Photoshop CS3 conflicts with Photoshop CS3) And I was so pissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment